I recently took my two youngest children to the Los Angeles Zoo for the first time and they had so much fun. The weather was gorgeous, the kids really got a kick out of the exhibits & it wasn’t too hard on my bank account. #Winning
If a trip to your local zoo is on your to-do list, here’s five $Free99 Family Fun tips for you:
- Plan ahead & find your best admission price. Sign up to receive emails from the zoo, so you’ll be the first to know about special discounts, promotions & events. Check for special discounts through your employer and any clubs your affiliated with. Another option is making it a group trip with your extended family or friends to qualify for a group discount.
- Bring your own food & drinks. Many zoos allow this, so take full advantage of this huge savings & pack a lunch, snacks & drinks.
- Don’t rent the strollers. If you have multiple little ones, bring your wagon from home or borrow one from a friend. No additional cost & more room to haul your food & drinks, too!
- Steer clear of the gift shops. Take lots of fun pics & then use a website like shutterfly.com to create a photobook or put your prints on hats, shirts, mugs, magnets, etc.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen & hats or umbrellas. No matter how nice the weather, lots of walking around in the sun = H.O.T. Bring your own gear, or you may find yourself desperately seeking these items at the gift shop & it will cost you!
Hope this helps! If you have any suggestions for more ways to save or enjoy the zoo, let me know in the comments 🙂